Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Kent Rocks - Top 20 Favourite Country Songs of All Time

A couple weeks back a friend of mine (Chris) got me thinking about my top 3 favourite country songs of all time. I like singer/songwriter tunes, be it country, rock, folk etc. I am not going to get into why I like country however, you can read that article if you please here: http://tinyurl.com/6ospd6m.

It got me to thinking however. I listen to A LOT of country. It's probably still outweighed by rock'n'roll 65/35 but when you listen to as much music as I do, it's a lot of country and folk. I realize I have favourite songs from almost every recent decade 1950's to present day and they are all different kinds of country. The order varies from day to day but here is the most concise list I was able to present to you... today anyway.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Kent Rocks

20. Kenny Rogers - The Gambler



19. Corb Lund - Time to Switch to Whiskey

18. Loretta Lynn/Jack White - Portland Oregon



17. Fred Eaglesmith - White Rose

16. The Ginn Sisters - Hey Doll

15. Shooter Jennings - 4th of July



14. Justin Townes Earle - Slippin' & Slidin'



13. Zac Brown Band - Sic Em on a Chicken

12. Reba McIntyre - Fancy



11. Dwight Yoakam - Fast as You

10. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Modern Day Romance

09. Guy Clark - The Cape

08. Dolly Parton - Jolene



07. Waylon Jennings - I've Always Been Crazy



06. Blue Rodeo - Hasn't Hit Me Yet



05. Dolly Parton - 9-5

04. Steve Earle - New York City



03. Merle Haggard - Mama Tried



02. Hal Ketchum - Past the Point of Rescue

01. Johnny Cash/June Carter - Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment